Company Name: Henderson Engineers
At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in sports, retail, and more!
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa Headquarters Office as a Compensation/Total Rewards Manager working on things like…
- Conduct regular compensation bench-marking through surveys, peer studies and other resources, and provides findings and recommendations to leadership and department members
- Assist with developing and maintaining base compensation programs to include process, budgeting, bench-marking and overall execution
- Assist in developing and maintaining incentive compensation programs to include process, budgeting, bench-marking and overall execution
- Collaborate with leadership to maintain all company job descriptions to ensure an accurate reflection of the company’s job structure
- Collaborate with leadership and department members in preparing job offers and relocation packages
- Collaborate with department members in preparing total compensation statements
- Maintain awareness of current trends in compensation management and makes recommendations to leadership
- Ensure compliance with all city, state and federal compensation laws
- Provide training/support to managers and employees regarding compensation topics
- Participate on projects related to compensation programs or systems, such as custom market studies, incentive proposals, or geographic differential analysis
- Collaborate with department members to ensure HRIS and related applications are meeting department and company needs
- Research, develop and administer competitive total rewards strategies including base pay, bonus structure, long-term incentives and benefits
- Set and lead compensation strategic planning cycle to ensure programs serve to drive employee attraction and retention, as well as drive the achievement of company goals and objectives
- Assess long-term business needs and design/implement rewards incentives to support future business requirements
- Design and implement key HR performance metrics and reports that include overall rewards
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you have…
- A minimum of 7 years experience analyzing, designing, implementing and managing overall compensation programs
- A compensation certification (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred
- Previous experience working in professional services industry – preferably with an engineering consulting firm
- Experience with full-service HRIS (HR, payroll, benefits, onboarding, etc.) in managing overall system
- Been leading upgrades and resolving system issues
- Developed reports
- Experience with UltiPro -- highly preferred
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
- 2014-2016 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail ) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant) Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2008-2016 - ENR Top 500 Design Firms
- 2006, 2007, 2009 - 2016 Finalist “Best Places to Work" – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work” – Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work” – Phoenix Business Journal
- 2010-2016 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide” – Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- 2016 – Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide” - Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report “– Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2011-2016 “Top 20 MEP Giants List” – Consulting-Specifying Engineer
- 2009, 2010, 2014 “Champion of Business” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2014 “Hall of Champions” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 - 2016 “Healthiest Employer” – Kansas City Business Journal
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer” - Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2009 “Engineering Firm of the Year” – American Subcontractors Association – Kansas City (ASAKC)
- 2009 “Top Ten Green Projects – AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- 2011 “Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture” – AIA Central States
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Outcome Construction Services are EEO – M/F/V/D employers and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Outcome Construction Services must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
Position Type: Full time
Education Level: Bachelors
At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences, and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
With 12 locations nationwide, 800 employees, and 215 professional engineers, Henderson is able to provide exceptional client service worldwide on a vast array of high-profile projects. What makes our firm unique is our ability to offer clients large-firm resources coupled with the specialized experience, responsiveness, commitment, and detail of a small firm.