Company Name: LMH Health
The Director, Benefits & Compensation is responsible for the strategic planning, analysis, administration and execution of the LMH employee benefit, wellness, and compensation programs in alignment with the goals of the organization. This position oversees implementation, administration and maintenance of Human Resource Information System. This position provides oversight, with Employee Health, regarding administration of the Worker’s Compensation program.
- a. Develops strategic initiatives for LMH benefits, wellness and compensation programs that support the organization and HR strategies. Works with the Vice President of Human Resources to build support within the organization for these strategies and plans.
- b. Monitor the effectiveness of existing benefit plans, recommending changes which provide value to employees, are within or below budget and consistent with benefit trends and organizational objectives. Provide monthly commentary for out of range budget expenses.
- c. Conduct annual reviews of benefit vendor partnerships with benefit brokers to include Request for Proposals, annual bid process for renewals and executing transition plans and processes with new partners.
- d. Provide leadership for the HR Analyst position, including oversight of projects and day-to-day workflows to ensure solid processes for administration of benefits and compensation items.
- e. Manage vendor relationships to ensure service levels and agreed duties are being performed timely and effectively.
- f. Collaborate with other HR team managers in effectively operationalizing into daily recruitment and employee relations environments.
- g. Develop and deliver comprehensive benefits education for all employees.
- h. Collect and analyze information regarding healthcare and general industry trends to ensure LMH’s competitive position in the labor market.
- i. Lead process for employee benefits education.
- j. Complete regular market analysis annually, and as needed, based on positions within LMH to ensure regional competiveness in line with compensation philosophy.
- k. Create annual compensation recommendation during the budgeting process to include across the board increase and market adjustments. Analyze, recommend and complete compensation decompression activities as needed.
- l. Participate on committees as requested, including Safety, Wellness, Pension Committees; and HR Committee of the Board
- n. Advise managers on legal matters pertaining to benefits and compensation.
- o. Organize workflow to achieve efficient coordination of benefits and compensation processes and employee data.
- p. Maintain an awareness of changes in worker’s compensation record keeping, procedures and requirements.
- q. Make recommendations to safety committee and management regarding preventative measures.
- r. Meet with the direct legal counsel, TPA’s and other consultants.
- s. Coordinate preventive educational offerings as needed to maintain a healthy work force and to contain costs.
- t. In collaboration with the VP, Human Resources, establish the human resources long and short term strategy planning.
- u. Competencies in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Access, HRIS and time and attendance systems.
- v. Demonstrates successful experience managing vendor relationships and effective change management.
- w. Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: For discussion with qualified candidates
5-7 Years prior experience in HR with a focus leading benefits and compensation design, budget, analytics and HRIS platforms; prior experience in healthcare preferred
BA in HR or related field; Master's degree preferred with PHR/SPHR or CEBS certification
At LMH Health, formerly Lawrence Memorial Hospital, our purpose is to be a partner for lifelong health.
LMH Health has a rich history. Founded in 1921, LMH Health is a 174-bed hospital located in Lawrence, Kansas. Through the years, hospital additions have been built and health care services have expanded—a trend that continues today.
LMH Health is a community, not-for-profit hospital that serves the health care needs of the community regardless of an individual's ability to pay. LMH Health receives no tax support from the city of Lawrence or Douglas County. Dedicated to improving the health of the community,
How to Apply: Apply at www.lmh.org/careers