Our Human Resources (HR) Department is currently looking for an analyst to join our team. The focus of this role is to manage our Executive Compensation programs as well as work collaboratively with other HR Analysts regarding compensation programs and other HR project priorities. If you are a professional who thrives in a high performing, energetic environment, where the focus is on teamwork, process improvement and quality results, then this is the team for you. Our HR Department has offices co-located in Topeka, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri and we are flexible to where the selected individual will be based. Our teams work remotely the majority of the time, and we work to coordinate in office days as a team to collaborate as needed. On average we are in office as a team once a week, and we are flexible to find the right work/life balance for our employees.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities: We are looking for an energetic and dynamic human resource professional to join our team. This position is a multidimensional role providing dedicated analytical support for our Executive Compensation programs and will play a role in other project teams that support business objectives throughout the organization.
The responsibilities of the HR Analyst may include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, human resources, or any related analytical field and will have at least five years of related experience. Specific experience in Executive Compensation is highly preferred. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to manage large amounts of data and transform raw data into knowledge and insights that can be used to drive business decisions. Must demonstrate a strong analytical aptitude and a mindset that is driven by a passion for problem solving, developing creative solutions through critical thinking, is customer experience focused and a passion for process improvement. While entry level candidates with at least one year of related experience in an analyst role will be considered, the ideal candidate will have at least five years of demonstrated successful experience.
- Manage various Executive Compensation Programs: Long Term Incentive Plan (RSUs) grant and vesting cycles, Deferred Compensation Plan, Financial Planning, Board materials support, year end proxy reporting, etc.
- Companywide Compensation projects that are focused on annual market and pay structure review, salary surveys and ad hoc benchmarking, annual compensation review process, quarterly incentive reporting, long-term incentive plan administration, job evaluations, review/development of nonunion pay programs, etc.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and provide guidance in talent management decisions to ensure appropriate and equitable application of our pay, rewards and recognition programs.
- Conducts audits and reviews of programs and procedures to evaluate and process improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HR operations, including automation and reports/dashboards where appropriate.
- Participate in special project teams and provide analytical support, best practices research and implements actions for improvement.
- Identify, analyze and propose solutions to potential issues within other areas of the business on a project basis.
- Additional responsibilities to support growing business needs.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required: Requires a valid driver’s license. SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR, CCP distinction preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and advanced capability in Excel is necessary to be successful in this role
- Must strongly exhibit the following qualities: Safety, Integrity, Ownership, Adaptability, Teamwork, Commitment to Quality Results, Process Improvement Focused, Resilient, Customer Focused to Lead Change • Exceptional communication skills
- Manage competing demands, while being adaptable and flexible
- Ability to develop & maintain professional relationships with both employees and management and interact professionally and confidently with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent project management and organizational skills • Demonstrated ability to manage a broad range of projects
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative to drive areas of improvement and learn systems, processes, and procedures
Working Conditions: Home/Office working environment. Must have excellent work record including good attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.