Company Name: Olathe Public Schools
This position provides administrative and analytical support to the leadership and HR team members across the School District to ensure our compensation program is competitive and equitable so we can attract and retain top performers while reinforcing our values.
The incumbent will become part of a highly collaborative and dynamic group of individuals working to maintain and improve all aspects of compensation and support the District’s compensation philosophy.
• Provide guidance to all levels of management on compensation philosophy, policies and systems.
• Collaborates with supervisors, Talent Acquisition, and HR Business Partners on job evaluations, and creation of new job descriptions.
• Maintain job description library; conduct periodic reviews of current job descriptions.
• Maintain market data repository in our compensation system; updating matches, adding market analysis and participating in surveys.
• Participate in the development of a market comparable compensation salary range structure for all district positions.
• Conduct market-pricing analysis for proposed new positions and for identified current positions to determine appropriate salary range.
• Prepare compensation reports and recommendations by gathering, analyzing and summarizing compensation data and trend information.
• Research and recommend improvements to compensation processes or workflows and support the development, implementation and maintenance of compensation tools and systems.
• Support year-end compensation processes.
• Perform ad-hoc analyses and special projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in a compensation/total rewards analyst role
• Combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform assigned duties and responsibilites
• Preferred but not required
o Certification as a Certified Compensation Profession (CCP)
o Previous experience working in PayFactors and BusinessPLUS
o Implementing compensation transformational initiatives is a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Research methods and data analysis techniques
• Analyzing and interpreting policies, practices, and procedures
• Strategies, methods, principles, and techniques of compensation administration
• Proven team player who works well independently, with little or no supervision, or as part of a group
• Federal, state, local laws, and regulations applicable to compensation administration
• Writing job descriptions
• Conducting research, analyzing data and presenting findings
• Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as intermediate skills in Outlook, and internet navigation. Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
• Building rapport with supervisors and employees in conducting job reviews
• Problem solving to deliver results to demanding deadlines
• Handle confidential information with discretion
• Write comprehensive reports
• Analyze large datasets
• Work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Manage daily tasks without losing sight of the long-term plan and goal
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normal office setting with exposure to computers, with interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. The work is sedentary, although a frequent amount of reaching, walking, and standing is necessary as well as a significant amount of fine finger dexterity in carrying out the essential duties of this position.
IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT STATEMENTS
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This document describes the position currently available. The District reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The Olathe Public Schools prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity in its programs, activities or employment as required by applicable federal and state laws.
☒ Criminal Justice Fingerprint
☒ Background Clearance
☒ TB Test
Position Type: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a compensation/total rewards analyst role
Education Level: Bachelors
The Olathe School District is proud of its award-winning students and staff. Olathe Public Schools was named as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes. In collaboration with analytics from Statista, Forbes selects America’s Best Employers based on an independent survey from a vast sample of more than 50,000 U.S. employees for companies employing at least 1,000 people in their U.S. operations. We have a competitive salary, offer excellent benefits packages and we stand behind our vision of helping students to be prepared for their future!
How to Apply: https://www.applitrack.com/olathe/onlineapp/_application.aspx