Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA)
City: Kansas city
Under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources Support Services, the Benefits and Compensation Administrator is responsible for performing the day-to-day and periodic administration and communication of organization’s benefit plans and open enrollment, to include, but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, short term and long term disability insurance, basic and voluntary life insurance, flexible spending account plans, health savings accounts, employee assistance program, wellness initiatives, all voluntary offerings as well as the deferred compensation (457) plans and defined benefit plans. Ensures compliance with HIPAA, COBRA, and applicable Federal and/or State employment laws.
Further, the Benefits & Compensation Administrator will administer the organization’s compensation strategy to include developing and managing the annual compensation budget, analyzing programs and recommending changes as needed to ensure competitiveness in the market place.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Involves frequent contact and a working knowledge of benefits, compensation, leave administration, policies, and procedures.
2. Administers various employee benefit programs, such as medical, vision, dental, life, accident and disability insurance, and voluntary supplemental benefits.
3. Assist with the evaluation of the all benefit programs, coordinating open enrollment and assisting with benefit program performance.
4. Provides special guidance, direction, oversight and assistance to all KCATA’s sponsored employee benefit plans and retirement plans.
5. Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
6. Maintains contact in person and by phone or mail with insurance companies, brokers, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
7. Administers health plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
8. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
9. Manages vendor relationships.
10. Resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
11. Assists and/or ensures the processing of monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
12. Assists with maintenance and confidentiality of employee benefit files and updating of employee payroll records.
13. Serves as administrator for the Pension Plan. Provides communication and problem resolution for HR and employees and provides required reporting.
14. Responsible for ensuring 457 plans are operated according to the plans. Works with Payroll and external record keeper to resolve any discrepancies.
15. Responsible for administration of the 457 plans. Interfaces with external vendor and Legal, provides required reporting, and serves as primary contact for employees.
16. Coordinates with trustee to set-up and maintain monthly additions and charges to retiree benefit payments from the pension plan via online system.
17. Prepares pension plan benefit calculations and communication package for new retirees.
18. Prepares estimated pension plan benefits for employees and provides consultation on retirement benefits.
19. Develops and maintains operational procedures and process documentation for plans.
20. Provide support in the administration of leave of absence programs to ensure compliance with organization policy, FMLA and any other state and federal requirements.
1. Defines and administers a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation package that is aligned to our organization’s strategy and objectives.
2. Assists in the development of a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture and organizational objectives.
3. Ensures that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation (FLSA, pay equity, human rights, state, federal, etc.)
4. Participates in salary and labor market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits.
5. Develop and maintain the organization’s competitive pay structure.
6. Ensure the organization’s pay structure complies with changing laws and regulations.
7. Set new hire, merit pay and promotional pay guidelines.
8. Develops and maintains job descriptions and job analysis worksheets for all positions.
9. Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
10. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $59,100 minimum; commensurate with experience.
Minimum of three to five years of experience in Benefits and Compensation administration; minimum two years of supervisory experience; experience in a union environment and public entity preferred.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed above.
The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority is a bi-state agency created by a compact between the States of Missouri and Kansas, and approved by the United States Congress. The compact was authorized by legislation passed in both states in 1965. The compact gives the ATA responsibility for planning, construction, owning and operating passenger transportation systems and facilities within the seven-county Kansas City metropolitan area. The compact defines the ATA district as the counties of Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte in Missouri; and Johnson, Leavenworth, and Wyandotte in Kansas. The Authority's jurisdiction is limited to these seven counties.
The ATA operates RideKC bus service, the MAX Bus Rapid Transit service, Flex demand-response routes, RideKC Freedom paratransit service for the elderly and persons with disabilities, and RideKC Van vanpool service.
How to Apply:
Application available via the following link: https://secure.beaconinsight.com/servlet/jobdetails?id=22547. You may contact Human Resources at (816) 346-0278.