Company Name: Kansas State University
The Director of Talent Solutions will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of innovative and strategic talent management programs for the Division of Human Capital Services (HCS). Supervise the Talent Solutions group which consists of two functional units, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness to provide solution-driven services that are effective and efficient. Employ best practices with a focus on the development of programs and enhancing services that attract, recruit, engage, and retain top talent.
A focus for this role will be on continuing current strategic initiatives including implementation of our new compensation structure with accompanying competency framework, career ladders and career development programs. These initiatives are supported by Human Capital Services staff as well as numerous campus partners who form a community of practice. The Director of Talent Solutions will provide leadership to these groups. Oversee and ensure successful onboarding, total rewards, and career management programs. Deploy a solutions-focused approach and collaborate with campus partners to accomplish university goals. We seek candidates with a commitment to diversity and inclusion in hiring and compensation practices.
The Director of Talent Solutions will:
- Develop, maintain, and direct a comprehensive, integrated talent management program that includes recruitment, onboarding career paths, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Collaborate with university departments/divisions on effective organizational design and strategy with a focus on achievement of organizational and university goals
- Advance the university compensation structure, ensuring attractive, equitable and competitive compensation to promote excellence
- Oversee the design and delivery of initiatives, policies, practices that promote organizational excellence, integrity, community, and productivity
- Establish workforce planning and succession management strategies/tools that improve the depth and breadth of internal talent and skills across the university
- Ensure consistently high-level customer service and support are provided to campus partners
- Provide oversight on federal, state, and local employment regulations and ensure fair and equitable application of personnel practices in accordance with university policies
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $100,000/yr - $107,000/yr
5+ years of relevant HR experience to include a combination of the following focus areas: Organizational Effectiveness, Compensation and Talent Acquisition. Demonstrated experience supervising and leading teams.
Education Level: Bachelor's degree
Kansas State University educates more than 22,000 of tomorrow's potential leaders each year and provides some of the best global food systems and biosecurity research in the world. In fact, the university is progressing toward its goal of becoming a Top 50 public research university by 2025.
The University has nine academic colleges and offers more than 250 majors and options. The Graduate School offers 65 master's degrees, 45 doctoral degrees and 22 graduate certificates in multiple disciplines. The Princeton Review recognizes the University as one of the nation's best colleges, and U.S. News & World Report lists the University among the top 75 public universities in the U.S.
We have a long, storied history of embracing diversity and inclusion as a core component of our educational mission. As the nation’s first operational land-grant, K-State has always admitted students without regard to race, gender or creed. We believe that diversity adds value to the educational fabric of our institution.
Commonly referred to as K-State, the community is proud of its welcoming environment. Our athletic teams, known as the Wildcats, compete in the Big 12 Conference and frequently win titles and championships.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off-vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
How to Apply:
Visit http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/506899/ to learn more and apply!