Company: The University of Kansas Health System
City: Shawnee Mission
Assists in the management of the leave and disability program. Coaches, educates, and advises leaders, employees and fellow consultants regarding policies, procedures and laws. Serves as the subject matter expert for all leaves of absence programs.
- Provides exceptional customer service to employees who are engaged in the leave of absence process.
- Oversees all programs and plans related to paid and unpaid leaves of absence.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for leave of absence programs, ensuring that each program is functioning according to policies, procedures, and all applicable laws.
- Liaises with third-party leave of absence vendor. Conducts vendor due diligence, negotiation, and monitoring of vendor performance.
- Works with HR leadership to assist the other leave coordinators. Coaches, educates and advises the team regarding day-to-day issues, as well as in their professional development.
- Oversees and administers disability programs processes and communications to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and guidelines.
- Ensures efficient and effective support of the operational day-to-day transactions related to leaves of absence company policies and procedures.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends, and advises management regarding opportunities for improvement and minimization of risk and expense.
- Monitors legal and regulatory changes to ensure compliance.
Position Type: Full time
- 5 or more years of experience supporting Leave of Absence administration
- Previous experience analyzing data, identifying trends, and advising management assessing areas of opportunities for improvement and minimization of risk and expense.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State Leave of Absence related regulations (e.g. FMLA, ADA, PLOA, etc.) require
- Must have experience with ADA leave
- Experience in a service-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment and assist the greater HR team in making ongoing improvements.