Company: The University of Kansas Health System
City: Shawnee Mission
Responsible to support the Compensation team in administering compensation programs that enhance the organization's ability to recruit, engage, and retain employees. Supports day-to-day administration of the Health System’s compensation program administration to include: creating and updating job profiles/job descriptions, supplemental pay/incentive program administration, shift differential/pay premium auditing and administration, salary offers for new hires and internal transfers/promotions, annual pay increase administration for union and general employee populations, and administration of career ladder/step programs. Participates in salary survey administration and market pricing jobs. Works extensively within Workday and MarketPay to ensure complete and accurate company information (e.g., jobs/job descriptions, surveys, market matches, salary structures and grades, etc.). Supports departmental projects and collaborates with leadership and the Compensation team to balance multiple priorities.
- Assist the team in the delivery of compensation services including evaluating jobs and job descriptions, developing salary offer recommendations, performing market assessments, reviewing internal pay equity, ensuring promotions are within guidelines, etc.
- Ensure timely response and follow up to internal client requests by gathering and providing information and coordinating with Compensation team members. Refer non-routine requests to the appropriate Compensation team members, ensuring timely response and follow up and escalating to leadership, where needed.
- Compile highly confidential, sensitive, and detailed information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues, ensuring confidentiality and privacy is maintained. Develop compensation modeling and provides reporting support for the team, ensuring data integrity and completeness.
- Acts as primary contact for biweekly supplemental pay administration and processing, ensuring accurate and timely.
- Monitors Manager Self-Serve compensation actions and ensures accuracy of transactions within Workday.
- Support pre-planning and administration of compensation planning cycles (e.g., annual increases, 1290 PE, and KUNA union increases), including compiling key dates relevant to cycle, and testing and validating system functionality.
- Support salary survey participation through maintaining and updating benchmark job data and employee data within market pricing tool. Compile salary survey data evaluation of market trends for evaluation of salary budget, market competitiveness, salary structure movement, and total cash compensation levels.
- Develop and modify communications and/or executive presentations, ensuring quality and accuracy.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Position Type: Full time
Minimum of 2 years working in Human Resources
Demonstrated experience utilizing Excel formulas and functions (e.g., Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, IF statements, Group, Charts, etc.)
Advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and functions (e.g., Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, IF statements, etc.)
Proficiency in Human Capital Management, compensation planning, and market pricing systems
Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and maintain a very high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and detail-orientation
Strong understanding of the customer, ability to solve problems and communicate clearly in a positive manner
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
2 years’ experience working with employee compensation programs in health care
Demonstrated experience utilizing advanced Excel functions (e.g., Consolidate, Slicers, What If, etc.)
Experience with Workday and MarketPay
Advanced MS-Office skills
Bachelor Degree in related field required or equivalent experience
The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We offer more options for patients with serious conditions because of our expertise and leadership in medical research and education. Our physicians are researchers and educators expanding the boundaries of medical knowledge. Their major breakthroughs lead to the life-changing treatments and technologies of the future.
Our hospital has a national reputation for doing things right, and we are rated among the country’s top hospitals in quality and the patient experience.
With each step we take to become the nation's best, we establish ourselves as a healthcare destination. People from throughout the region and across the country turn to us to receive exceptional, specialized care for complex conditions. All of this is possible because of the dedication and commitment of the people who work here and our steadfast focus on caring for the patient.
We invite you to join us as we continue to advance the power of academic medicine.
How to Apply: