Company Name: University of Kansas Medical Center
City: Kansas City
Collect data, evaluate/analyze, cost, design, implement and administer all compensation programs. Perform market research, analyze data, anticipate trends and make compensation recommendations to ensure accurate benchmarking of all new and existing positions. Administer performance plan process including mid-year and annual appraisals. Prepare reports to assist with planning and hiring decisions. Document compensation processes and procedures. Collaborate with leaders for faculty and executive level positions. Identify, develop and implement opportunities for process improvement.
Job Duties Outlined:
• Collaborate with leadership to develop, implement and administer compensation program.
• Establish performance evaluation process which ties to compensation increases.
• Maintain job families and profiles
• Review promotions and compensation increases for internal equity within department and across the organization.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and organizational objectives.
• Provide recommendation and compensation policy interpretation to leadership .
• Utilize multiple compensation resources and tools to develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting market data.
• Participate in salary surveys and monitor survey data to achieve compensation objectives.
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other HR colleagues to maintain a job description database/repository for each position in the organization. Monitor trends in academic and public sector industry to ensure positions are nationally benchmarked to appropriate paygrades.
• Interview and survey employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
• Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine classification, FLSA status and appropriate salary range in an effort to maintain consistency across the organization.
• Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
• Prepare and present summary reports of job and compensation analysis information.
• Gather data from market-based compensation surveys; use spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
• Communicate preferred methods and best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees.
• Advise management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Position Type: Full Time
Experience: Five years of senior level experience developing, implementing and modifying compensation policy and plans. Skills: Analytical, Strategic, Close attention to detail
Education Level: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field.
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at http://www.kumc.edu/.
Federal law and The University of Kansas Medical Center policy prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's age (40 and over) with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges or employment. The University of Kansas Medical Center supports and shall comply with such federal law in all respects and shall not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law. Specifically, The University of Kansas Medical Center shall not make hiring decisions based upon an applicant's or an employee's age. Any candidate for employment or employee who believes they have been discriminated against may report the issue to The University of Kansas Medical Center's Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission PKWY, Fairway, KS, 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY. Applicants and employees also may report potential unlawful discrimination or harassment to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 400 State Ave., Suite 905, Kansas City, Kansas 66101. The University of Kansas Medical Center will take prompt and appropriate remedial action to effectively address any violations of its non-discrimination policy. To review the paper version of the notice please copy and paste this link into a browser http://www.kumc.edu/documents/hr/Notice%20to%20Employees.pdf
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
How to Apply:
Application Instructions: To learn more and apply online, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2111058 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR001063. Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website